23 Timeless Quotes About Love for Valentine’s Day 2023
by Urwashee Saxena
With the help of our team at Viraasi, we have curated a list of the top 23 quotes about love that stood the test of time. Such quotes will be relevant in every day and age. These quotes will help us relearn the meaning of love in a time of indifference. This valentine’s day 2023, let’s fall in love with the simplicity of expression of love with the help of these quotes.
Speaking of quotes, quotes are very powerful tools for a human being. At any point in our life, we always have a couple of quotes that help us navigate every aspect of our life. Whether it is relationships, business, or spirituality, the impression of these quotes is everywhere.
This valentine’s day, we will take a plunge into the crimson color of love. We will drink from the goblet of eternity these divine drops of words. And hopefully, we will be drunk in love for the rest of our lives.
Here is the list of the best of all-time quotes about love.
The Best Love uotes of All Time
1. "Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces." – Rumi
2. "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything." - Katharine Hepburn
3. "Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time." - Maya Angelou
4. "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Nora Ephron
5. "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary." - Oscar Wilde
6. "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." - Robert Frost
7. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu
8. "Where there is love there is life." - Mahatma Gandhi
10. “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” - Marilyn Monroe
11. “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” - Dr. Seuss
12. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” - Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
13. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.” - Alfred Tennyson
14. "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? / Thou art more lovely and more temperate: / Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, / And summer's lease hath all too short a date: / Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, / And often is his gold complexion dimmed, / And every fair from fair sometime declines, / By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed: / But thy eternal summer shall not fade, / Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st, / Nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade, / When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st, / So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see, / So long lives this, and this gives life to thee." - William Shakespeare
15. “I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.” - Margaret Atwood
16. "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." - Emily Brontë
17. “Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love.” - William Shakespeare
18. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you." - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
19. "I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul." - Pablo Neruda, Love Sonnet XVII
20. "You have been the last dream of my soul." - Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
21. "When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are to become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No ... don't blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away. Doesn't sound very exciting, does it? But it is!" - Louis de Bernières, Corelli's Mandolin
22. "If I knew that today would be the last time I’d see you, I would hug you tight and pray the Lord be the keeper of your soul. If I knew that this would be the last time you pass through this door, I’d embrace you, kiss you, and call you back for one more. If I knew that this would be the last time I would hear your voice, I’d take hold of each word to be able to hear it over and over again. If I knew this is the last time I see you, I’d tell you I love you, and would not just assume foolishly you know it already." - Gabriel García Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
23. "Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect." - Patrick Rothfus, Name of the Wind